Friday, April 22, 2011

I'm wishing

I'm wishing that these kinds of things would just stop happening. I'm wishing I could have just five minutes to talk to these young kids who feel so hopeless and put-upon. I'm wishing that I could make them see how transitory this part of their life is, and how loved they are now, and how loved they will be by so many that they haven't even met yet. I'm wishing that I could convince them that those who they feel so persecuted by just simply do not matter; that these bullies of today are at the "peak" of their perceived "coolness" and "influence" (and that they really have none to begin with anyway) and that before you know it, these same bullies will be relegated to the ranks of what they truly are -- a pathetic band of also-rans, wanna-bes, and has-beens... on their BEST days.

I wish to God that I could just turn the clock back and have a few simple words with the so tragically many young people who have needlessly taken their own lives for the sake of some current perception of something that will just not be that important at all in the very near future -- if they would JUST stick it out long enough to realize it. This has simply got to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment